Saturday, June 22, 2013

What To Wear..... Christening/Baptism

Hey guys,

Christenings, baptisms, or whatever you want to call them are a stressful time not only because you have to sit through (most likely) a bunch of babies being dunked in a bowl of water, prayers, etc. you might think that your outfit might be easy to pick out. Now this post is going to be in 2 parts: guests and godmothers! Now some of you may or may not know that my brother just had another baby and named me to be his godmother!! I am beyond stressed because I have NO idea what to wear! Luckily, I have done some research and have found some amazing dressed for both the godmother or the guests.

Now there are a few rules when attending a christening....

What not to wear....
No jeans
No flip flops
No uggs
No club wear
Try not to wear black, this isn't a funeral ;)

What to wear....
Pants suit
Dresses
Skirts
Heels
Ballet shoes
Sandals

Spring/summer colors....
Pastel 
Bright 
Neutral(try and stay away from dark colors during this season)

Fall/winter colors.....
Neutral
Jewel tone

Here are some inspirations I have for my upcoming christening of my nephew..... Let me know if you guys have any store I should look at! 

Clothesenvy.com
Lulu's.com
Modcloth.com
Tobi.com
Sheinside.com
Express.com (I purchased the top left(pink/coral) dress for my godsons upcoming baptism. I had a $30 off $75 plus they gave me $25 off $50 express cash) 

A couple more cute stores......H&M, urban outfitters, forever 21, nasty gal, and any major department store!


What would/have you worn to a christening/baptism? What do you think is a on the what not to wear list? Do you think any color is inappropriate or unacceptable to wear when your the godmother? Of all the outfits above which is your favorite?










*disclaimer: these are my own opinions 




No comments:

Post a Comment