Thursday, February 23, 2012

What to Wear...meeting his parents

What to Wear...Meeting his Parents

I don't know if I am crazy but one of the hardest thing for me to do when I start dating someone new is meetings his parents. I want them to love me and I know that if I don't wear an appropriate outfit, it probably won't turn out good (no parent wants to meet you in your sweats or your clubbing wear). I think if you keep your outfit very classic (pearls), romantic (dress or skirt), and a little chic (do this with shoes or a purse) it can really go far when meeting his parents.
Now I will be the first to admit that I did not wear a dress or skirt the first time I met a boyfriend's parents however I did wear appropriate outfits like; polo and shorts or leggings and a sweater. The only reason that happened was because I was younger and they all lived with their parents. Luckily, guys my age are now living on their own, so their parents wont meet you until your boyfriend wants them to. I think now since I am 22 I will definitely wear a dress or skirt the next time I have to meet a boyfriends parents.
What outfits have you guys worn when meeting his parents for the first time? Let me know what other outfits you guys would pick for this blog too.

2 comments:

  1. I think this set is perfect for meeting his parents ;) I also wore something appropriate like a simple dress, not too short and not showing cleavage, a good girl outfit ! :)
    I have those Steve Madden shoes, actually, you know ?
    You're invited to enter Fashion and Cookies' Glam Girl giveaway to win two amazing make up sets from Benefit and Urban Decay !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I just signed up for the giveaway, hopefully I get the amazing package!! Also, I just followed you and I love the blog!

      Delete