Monday, February 27, 2012

Makeup Monday

Hey pretty ladies,

For today's Makeup Monday I am going to talk about makeup styles for different shape eyes. It's weird but for years I have been wearing makeup and I now am just thinking about what type of eye makeup will really make my eyes pop! I have combination eyes: round/almond/big. I have tried different ways to do my makeup and some of them make me look ridiculous. So, I am going to go over some techniques I learned for different eye shapes.

                                                             Mary-Kate Olsen (round eyes)
» Use darker liner to slightly extend beyond the eyelid at the outer corners to give this illusion.
» Use a medium shade of eye shadow on the eyelid (up to the crease) and extend the shade slightly both slightly up toward the brow bone and slightly down toward the lower lid to create a more elongated eye appearance.


                                                                  Cameron Diaz (deep set)
» Use lighter iridescent shades on your lids to bring them out of their deep sockets and make them pop.
» Experiment with a darker contour shade in the crease for added drama.

Jennifer Aniston (close set)
» Create the illusion of width by lining only the outer half of the eye.
» Dab some very light shadow or liner on the inner corner of eyes right next to your nose. This will brighten them up.

                                                          Minka Kelly (almond: most common shape)
» Accentuate your up swept outer corner with dark liner for a sexy cat-eye look.
» Apply shadows in 3 tones (neutral on brow bone, medium on lid, and dark in the crease area) to make lids appear more defined and larger.


                                                                         Lucy Lo (asian)
» Line top and bottom lids lightly, apply plenty of mascara, and curl away. Extend your liner slightly past outer corners to create a small upturn and add definition on the lower half of your eye.

                                                                      Rhianna (wide set)
» Apply a deep colored liner along the entire rim of your lower lashes, including the inner corners which will inner eye corner to draw your eyes closer together visually.
» Place a lighter shadow over the middle of the eye to give your eye a more rounded appearance.



Which eye set do you guys have? Which makeup tips do you guys have for them too, I would love the input!!

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure which I have, I am a little bit confused..I think that maybe this the most common one. I usually put just a bit mascara and a little bit in the corner the some darker shadow and in the middle something light.. it is really hard to explain xD.
    I liked this post,
    thanks for the tips ;)

    Much Love,
    Julie - http://juliechoice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I totally know what your going through. I finally was told told I have round/almond shape. You really notice a difference when you put makeup on that is good for your eye shape. Really makes the eyes pop!

      Delete