Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hair...the bun

Hey guys,

So about a week ago I posted a blog about how to wear a bun, well actually it wasn't much of a blog since I wanted to show you how to make a perfect bun. Well today I am going to do that, with pictures!

1. Get bobby pins, tie, hairspray, shine spray(Redken, vinyl glam 02), and smoothing serum (Redken, glass 01)

2. Dab small amount of smoothing serum in hand, comb hair all the way through and spray it with your shine spray.
3. Put your hair in a high pony tail. For me this step takes a while for me because my hair is so thick and long. I some how always have those stupid little hair bumps when I put my hair in a pony tail.

   -For messy buns, I pull some of the baby hairs around my face.
   - For sleek buns, spray your hair with water and hair spray it alot
   -These pictures below are a top knot bun with slick hair.

4. Take small pieces of hair from the pony tail and wrap around hair tie and secure with bobby pins. Do this until all your hair from the pony tail in wrapped to form a bun.

-When your pulling each section of hair to wrap around your pony, for a messy bun, I tease my hair to make it bigger.
-If you want more of a top knot bun, you don't have to tease your hair, unless you have thin hair.

5. Spray your bun to make sure it won't fall out and now you are done.

-This is a big bun, you can pull the hair closer to your head to make it smaller but I like bigger buns.
-You can also make it flatter on your head by using hair pins (I don't have them yet but I know that's how you flatten it).

The last thing I am going to say about "The Bun" is that you can go messy like the one above or more of a top knot like the one in #3 for sleek buns. I like the top knot and messy bun but I don't ever do a sleek look because I look very odd. I like the baby hair's in my face!


Do you guys like "The Bun" look? Which bun do you prefer, the sleek look, messy look, top knot, or messy bun? I would love to hear your thoughts and if you guys have any tips for a better bun!

No comments:

Post a Comment